We are in an important moment: one in which there is high demand for deep equity transformation support along with different perspectives on what deep change is, what it takes, how to support various kinds of organizations and networks at different stages on their journeys, and how to more effectively complement one another’s respective expertise.
This moment calls for more effective coordination, collaboration and shared learning.
Having spoken with many of you, we know there is a hunger to build on gatherings hosted over the last couple of years by CoLab, Race Forward, and others to dive deeper together in order to:
- Further develop and deepen a shared understanding of the nature of the work;
- Create depth and synchronization around our goals to advance the field;
- Develop a map of our work as a whole to see how we all fit together, and identify gaps in field-wide capacity building needs; and
- More effectively partner with, leverage and learn from, and provide referrals for one another to meet the current avalanche of national demand for deep equity transformation support.
Some Notes about the Gathering Design
There is so much for us to talk about. To help us prioritize and plan for our time together, we will be working with an advisory team. And too it wouldn’t be a Change Elemental gathering without centering the work in the interconnected elements of a liberating ecosystem.
To that end, we will be grounding these discussions in these dimensions:
- Systems change / change at scale
- Inner work and healing
- Multiple ways of knowing; and
- Cultivating leaderful ecosystems.
Overall, we will be attending to advancing the continuum of organizations and networks seeking support across the white dominant-to-social justice spectrum.
Throughout our time together, we will also be attending to the complexities of our clients and the needs of the broader field in terms of:
- Recognizing, cultivating and advancing organizational and network readiness;
- Managing varying levels of system difficulty;
- Shepherding multiyear journeys in different parts of organizations and networks; and
- Attending to the cycle of change management needed to create lasting conditions for transformation.
Deep, equity capacity building practitioners (including field-builders) who work at the intersection of equity and systems change, in long-term, multi-year transformation efforts, all over the U.S.
Please note, this gathering is by invitation only.
- Wednesday, October 30, 4:00 to 6:00pm for a welcome reception
- Thursday, October 31, 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Friday, November 1, 8:30am to 2 pm
NOTE: If you can only come for Oct. 30th (evening) & Day 1, Oct. 31st, but cannot make Day 2 (Nov. 1st), we would love to have you. Day 1 participation is required for Day 2, because of the content design.
Location and Accommodations
The meeting will be held at:
The NOPSI Hotel
317 Baronne Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
We have blocked a set of rooms at the NOPSI Hotel. Please make your reservations by using our booking link below.
Booking Link: Change Elemental Block
Arrival Date: 30-October-2019
Departure Date: 01-November-2019
We have secured a room rate of $179 a night for the gathering. The deadline for making room reservations is September 30, 2019.
Change Elemental is covering the cost of the meeting space, the Wednesday evening reception, and breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately, we are not able to cover transportation, lodging, and dinners for the gathering.
Reserve Your Spot
Please answer the following questions if you are interested in the gathering even if you can’t make it to one or more days. We would love your feedback as we consider follow-up work with those who cannot attend. Please RSVP by Friday, August 2, 2019.
If you have any questions about the gathering, please contact Natalie Bamdad at nbamdad@ChangeElemental.org.
Thank you! We hope to see you soon!